I usually love to eat all the type of breads, Garlic Bread was my favorite as I like the taste of garlic in everything!. So this made me to try out this recipe, which was in my mind for months and finally got time to bake it.
- Plain flour ( maida) 1cup (200gm)
- Instant yeast 1tsp
- warm milk 1/4cup
- sugar 1tsp
- salt a pinch
- mixed/pizza herbs 2tsp
- Garlic 4table spoon
- Oregano 1tsp
- Melted Butter 1/4cup
- Cheese shredded 3 table spoon
- Boiled sweet corn 3/4cup
- chopped coriander 2table spoon
- Methi (fenugreek) chopped 1table spoon ( you can skip it, if you dont like it)
- Take a 1/4 cup of warm milk in a large bowl and add 1tsp of yeast, mix well
- Further add 1tsp of sugar to activate the yeast, stir well and keep it for 5 minutes / till yeast gets activated.
- (It looks frothy if it gets activated)
- Further add pinch of salt or as per your taste, 1 tablespoon of garlic, 1 tablespoon of oregano, 1 tsp pizza herbs, 1 teaspoon of butter and mix well.
- Add the plain flour/ maida and knead to a tight dough.
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes, which is crucial step, and coat it with oil, tuck it well, and cover it with plastic cover.
- Rest it for 2 hours or more, till it gets double the initial size
- Take the raised dough and punch it well and roll it into a oval shape.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 180 degree.
- Take 1/4cup of melted butter and add 2 tablespoon of chopped coriander, 2 tablespoon of chopped garlic, 1tsp pizza mix herbs, 1tsp Oregano and a pinch of salt and mix it well.
- Spread the above mixture on the rolled surface of the dough, keep it some more to spread over it after folding.
- Further add boiled sweet corn, shredded cheese on one half of the dough, and fold the other half on it and seal the edges.
- Mark the dough using knife but do not cut.
- Finally spread the leftover butter mixture on it.
- Grease the baking tray and sprinkle the flour and place the dough.
- Bake it in preheated oven to 180°C for 15 minutes.
- Take it out and cut on the marks, serve it with tea or coffee.
- You can use wheat flour if you don’t prefer plain flour, I haven’t tried with wheat. You people can try and comment below about the outcome.
- Can keep the yeast in milk for few more minutes to activate it.
- You can add more milk to dough while mixing, if needed. Make it a chapati like dough, but not too soft.
- You can add garlic generously if you like garlic taste.
- Can bake further up to 10 minutes till the surface of the bread looks golden brown as in the pic above.
- I added chopped methi ( fenugreek ) in butter garlic mixture instead of coriander just for a twist, it came out delicious. This is because of my love towards methi.😋
- Have patience and follow the ingredients, which is the main key while baking.
- Have it and enjoy it and don’t forget to comment down here for further queries and opinions.